Old Body Style:
- Access the data link connector located near the steering column under the dash. This is the 16-pin connector that technicians use to plug into your car’s computer.
- Jump data terminals 4 and 8.
- System should lock and unlock doors to confirm programming mode entered.
- Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter until doors lock and unlock (approximately 10 seconds)
- Repeat for all remaining remote transmitters.
- Remove jumper wire from data link connector. A maximum of 4 remote transmitters can be programmed.
Check operation of all remote transmitters programmed.
New Body Style:
GM Program A
- Close all doors.
- Insert key in ignition, do not turn ignition switch.
- Press and hold door lock switch in the UNLOCK position. (This is the switch on the door, NOT the remote).
- Switch ignition ON and OFF two times quickly.
- Release door lock switch.
- Doors should lock and unlock ONE time to confirm programming mode activated. ALL CURRENT REMOTES ARE NOW ERASED!
- Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of first remote transmitter until the doors lock and unlock again (about 20 seconds)
- First remote is now programmed. Repeat step 7 for all remaining transmitters.
- Switch ignition ON to exit programming mode.
- Up to 4 remote transmitters can be programmed.
- All remote transmitters should be programmed at the same time. Existing remote codes will be erased.
- Most programming problems are caused by:
- Step 3. Hold the POWER DOOR UNLOCK button down. NOT the lock button, not the manual switch. The UNLOCK one.
- Step 4: Turn the key ON and OFF two times QUICKLY…I repeat…QUICKLY.
- Step 7: Press and HOLD BOTH buttons on the remote UNTIL THE DOORS LOCK AND UNLOCK AGAIN. It’s only about 15 seconds but seems longer.
- Step 9. Turn the key ON to exit programming mode. Don’t just leave it.